With advances in travel and communication, the average office is globalized and comprises of individuals from varied cultures and countries. Organizations operate across different countries with diverse staff with diverse cultural backgrounds. In order to work effectively as a team, and archive business objectives, diverse staff need to understand each other in terms on culture and communicate effectively. Our comprehensive and updated Cross cultural training course equips the 21st century managers and executives with the necessary skills and competencies to work in culturally diverse country like Papua New Guinea.
- Understand the role and importance Culture in a globalized work place.
- Understand and define cultural sensitivity, awareness, intelligence and communication and its implications in global business and work place.
- Understand the need for and learn techniques to foster trust, rapport and cooperation at work place through cultural understanding
- Understand various cross cultural models including Lewis and Hofstede models and its practical usage.
- Identify the various styles of verbal and nonverbal communication across cultures, and its significance from a social and business point of view along with techniques to overcome the communication barriers, arising out of cultural differences.
- Defining Culture, identify the major constituent factors in defining a particular culture including norms, customs, values and beliefs.
- Defining Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity and the need for it from a personal and professional point of view
- Concept of Cross cultural intelligence and Communication and its role and importance from a personal and professional point of view
- The Iceberg Concept of culture- Fallacy of Stereotyping and generalization of people
- Concept of culture shock, the common contributors to it, and primary coping strategies
- Understanding Lewis model for cross cultural analysis and its role as an analytical tool in defining behavior, International communication, Management, Business functions etc… across countries with special reference to Papua new Guinea.
- Diversity, Gender and Inclusion at work place.
- Steps and strategies in establishing rapport and building trust in a multicultural work place
- Practical Cross cultural communication- concept of high context and low context cultures and how communication is affected.
- Interpretation and usage of Verbal skills, Body language and Active listening for effective cross cultural communication
- Preparing yourself for an international and diverse work place. Techniques and factors to consider.
- Building trust, rapport and cooperation between staff in a culturally diverse workplace.
- The Training will be delivered in line with the latest adult learning principles.
- The training program is highly interactive in nature with training delivered with a combination of lectures, Prezi-presentations, practical examples, video presentations, discussions, mock sessions/role-plays/group tasks, writing exercises etc., each followed by discussion and debrief sessions if required.
Start here.APPLY NOW