This is a course about handling difficult people, challenging situations and confrontations. Delegates learn about characteristics associated with difficult people, the origin of their behaviour and how best to deal with them. Delegates are introduced to a variety of effective responses, learn how to deal with toxic words and phrases, how to resolve a confrontation, how to avoid blame games, and many other topics. This courses is full of practical examples, case studies, exercises and playroles.
- What is the best long term strategy?
- Why self-examination is important and how best to do it?
- How to deal with conflicts, physically and emotionally?
- What is “ironic process of mental control” and how can it help in optimizing the delivery of your demands?
- How to commit to action and get optimum results next time you are challenged by a difficult person?
In how many different ways can you respond to someone and what result do you expect?
- What are the four responding styles, when to use them and where should you avoid using them?
- How to avoid unpredictable reactions to your comments by observing and analysing the other person for specific signs?
- How to listen and respond emphatically and connect when needed?
How to engage in a conversation and show that you understand and care?
- What to do to stay focused on a conversation and avoid drifting away?
- What is ‘click-wirr’ and how to use it in a conversation?
- How to ask good questions based on your encounter?
- What non-verbal signals you should be aware of and use?
How to handle conflicts:
- What is the optimum process of conflict resolution?
- What are conflict resolutions styles?
- How to use the styles in sequence to get maximum results?
How to deal with confrontations:
- What is APA communication model and how can you use it to manage difficult people?
- How to use the 5-Step Guide to Confrontations?
- What can be learned from confrontation examples?
How to deal with reactive and toxic words:
- How to prevent a challenging conversation by choosing the right words?
- What are the toxic statements, phrases, gestures and attitudes that can significantly affect your conversation and relationship with the other person?
- How to avoid using them and handle people who use them on you?
What are the characteristics of difficult people and how to deal with them?
- What are the example behaviours?
- What are the origins of theirs behaviour?
- How to deal with them?
Who is it for?
All employees who wish to improve their people handling skills
- The Training will be delivered in line with the latest adult learning principles.
- The training program is highly interactive in nature with training delivered with a combination of short lectures, Prezi-presentations, practical examples, activities, role-plays, video presentations, discussions and energizers in between.
- This training is highly activity oriented and experiential and will have activities involving; role-plays/group tasks, followed by discussion and debrief, Q&A and re-cap sessions.
- Trainees will be provided with courseware which includes, study material, handouts, and activity sheets etc.
Start here.APPLY NOW